The sweetest thing about weddings (apart from the bride’s smile) is definitely the wedding cake. Sculptured to perfection, it sits centre stage for all to marvel and adore. Chocolate and vanilla flavour are usually the all-time-favourites. While some are opting for rainbow cake or red velvet.
The highlight of the reception is usually the cutting of the cake which takes place just before dessert is served. Guests are sometimes allowed to sample the wedding cake and traditionally, the top layer is preserved by freezing. This is so that on each anniversary, the wedded couple will have a small piece of their original wedding cake to enjoy.
- Cakes come in all shapes and colours. So it’s always best to do a bit of research before hunting for the best deals. Most important of all, do inform your cake designer of your wedding theme.
- Bear in mind that wedding cakes are tedious to design. Depending on the size and frosting of the cake, it might takes weeks maybe even months to complete the cake of your dreams. So book in advance and consult your cake designer before making your final pick.
- Do make a confirmation of the number of guests who’ll be present at your reception as the size of the cake depends on the volume of the crowd.
- Before giving the thumbs up sign, see what your cake designer has to offer and don’t forget to sample a piece of it.
- Once you’ve made the perfect selection, do remember to make the necessary arrangements for the delivery of the cake to your chosen venue.